The "System Noise ADP", released for the monitoring of noise emitted from the areas bordering the four airports operated by APulia AIRPORTS S.p.A, is an effective and flexible instrument for the management of noise pollution and in particular for the analysis the environmental impact of aircraft noise and for the planning of flight paths and the airport itself.
The architecture of the monitoring system noise is defined by three components:
- the peripheral system of acquisition;
- the network communications;
- the central processing system
1) the peripheral system of acquisition
The system peripheral monitoring and acquisition of noise in the four airports operated by APulia AIRPORTS S.p.A, consists on fixed and mobile units, which detected the "sound" towards microphone + sonometer, and a "management software " which processes the signals and transmit them to the main server.
Units currently present on the four airports are:
Bari: 4 fixed (coming soon + 2), 1 mobile
Brindisi: 2 fixed (coming soon + 2)
Grottaglie: 2 fixed
Foggia: 2 fixed
2) The communications network
The private network (VPN) for the peripheral monitoring system is wired (ADSL) or wireless (GPRS). The LAN to connect the central processing system is made Type 6 UTP,ethernet.
3) The central processing system
The core system is a dedicated server for the noise monitoring system which process and store data received, allocated in the EDC inside APulia AIRPORTS, where the application Softech called SARA, with database on Microsoft SQL Server manages from individual units.
The application is currently accessible on the web, by technicians from ADP and Softech which manage the system, and by ARPA techinician that control the data and the questioning of the system on correlations with acoustic events /aircraft origin
In the future, the certificate data will be made available for public access on site and it will be possible to see:
- historical values of the LVA (Level assessment Airport)
- the monthly averages of the LVA for each station of the system;
- the quarterly average of the LVA for each station of the system;
- the annual value of the LVA (calculated as provided by current regulations or considering the 3 weeks of heavier traffic during the 3 quaterly reference of the year) for each station of the system;
- the age-seat Measurement (information and Position Control Units)
- traffic data aircraft
follows: Italian version